EDBT/ICDT Call for Workshop Proposals
We solicit proposals for Workshops to be collocated with the EDBT/ICDT 2021 Joint Conference that will be held in Nicosia, Cyprus. Workshop proposals should focus on a specific research area within the field of databases and information systems. Workshops may last half a day or a full day.
Workshop proposals must include an overview of the workshop goal and research topics, why it would be of interest to the EDBT/ICDT audience, and the likely numbers of submissions and participants. Proposals may refer to the success of previous versions of the workshop held at previous EBDT/ICDT conferences, or other venues.
Workshop proposals should be submitted by email, as a single PDF file, to the Workshop Chair, Evaggelia Pitoura (). The submission should not be more than 4 (four) pages long. Each submission should include the following information:
- Workshop title
- Preferred length (1 day, 1/2 day)
- Name, affiliation, email, and short bio (including previous experience in organizing workshops or conferences) of workshop PC chairs, with one of them indicated as the primary contact
- Tentative list of PC members
- Main goal of the workshop and list of the workshop topics
- Interest to EDBT/ICDT audience
- Preliminary call for papers
- Expected statistics regarding number of submissions, number of accepted papers, and number of registered participants
- Statistics for previous editions of the workshop, if relevant
- Policy for handling conflicts of interest with reviewers or PC chairs
- Publicity plans
The organizers of accepted workshops are expected to assemble a program committee, announce and publicize the workshop and its call for papers, solicit submissions, conduct the reviewing process, and prepare the final workshop program.
Workshops will benefit from the EDBT/ICDT 2021 organizational infrastructure and receive support regarding registration, badges, lunches, coffee breaks, and online publication of the workshop proceedings.
All workshop papers will be published online at CEUR (http://ceur-ws.org/). Workshop papers must follow the ACM Proceedings Format (available here). Please make sure you are using the latest 2021 version. Modified ACM LaTeX2e style files with ISBN and copyright information for EDBT 2021 can be downloaded here: acmart-edbt2021.cls, sample-edbt2021.pdf, sample-edbt2021.tex (Note: to test the EDBT 2021 style files, make sure you place them in the same directory where you extracted the standard ACM Proceedings Format); for convenience, the file sample-edbt2021.zip provides a consolidated basic package). The font size, margins, inter-column spacing, and line spacing in the templates must be kept unchanged.
The EDBT/ICDT 2021 Joint Conference is single-blind, and thus authors must include their names and affiliations in submissions.