EDBT/ICDT Call for Tutorials
We solicit proposals for tutorials for presentation at the EDBT/ICDT 2021 Joint Conference to be held in Nicosia, Cyprus. Proposals must provide an in-depth survey of the selected topic with the option of describing specific works in depth. Proposals should include a meaningful summary of open issues in the area. The topic of the tutorial should be broad enough to attract a significant audience and must include enough details to provide a sense of both the scope of the material to be covered and the depth to which it will be covered.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted by email, as a single PDF file to the Tutorial Chairs, Stefan Manegold and Wang-Chiew Tan (). The submission should not be more than 4 (four) pages long and papers should be formatted according to the ACM Proceedings Format without any change in terms of fonts, margins, inter-column spacing, style, footers, etc. The template can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/EDBT2021/Template. The conference is single-blind, which means that the authors should include their names and affiliations. Any submitted paper violating the length, file type, or formatting requirements will be desk rejected.
- Preferred Duration (1.5 or 3 hours; if the tutorial can be of either length, please be sure to identify which material in each case)
- Outline presenting the scope and depth of the coverage of the topics to be addressed by the tutorial
- Goals and objectives
- Intended Audience and any prerequisite knowledge the audience must have
- Biography (no longer than a few sentences) of the speakers, including contact information
- If an earlier version of the tutorial has been presented in a different venue, indicate those venues as well as the difference in the content with the other editions of the tutorial
Tutorial slides and other material that the presenters will use must be provided to the audience before the conference starts. Further information will be posted on the EDBT/ICDT 2021 website.